In the ancient world of myths and monsters, Medusa, the earliest depiction of Gorgons in Greek art, is recognizable by her venomous snake hair. Gazers of her face would turn to stone. Now, the artists at ECC are rediscovering the history of Mythology, finding in it inspiration for the reimagining of these characters.
From a fascination with the natural world, the intricacies of geometric design, heroic tales of gods and monsters, to a passion for the human form and the Classical Style, the Medusa bust is one of the most carefully and subtly conceived sculptures ECC has created to date. She is more than just a straightforward illusion of flesh and blood. She is also an essay in order and proportion, a meticulously composed scheme for how a mythological creature should be. Each venomous snake on her head has intelligence, and is individually looking for their prey.
This Medusa is the first female character designed and created by Steve Wang for ECC's Transformotion line, and is also the centerpiece of our new Elite Arts Collection.
• Approximately 40 inches in height.
• Approximately 28 inches in width.
• Approximately 32 inches in depth.
• Attractive art nouveau themed "Myths" display base.
• 2 Removable Jaws. One 'beauty' and one 'horror' to unveil her creature look!
• Cast in high-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect.
• LED glowing eye effect.
• Acrylic teeth.
• Each Certificate of Authenticity is signed by Steve Wang.
• Limited in production to 500 units worldwide.
• Estimated shipping: Early November 2016.
Due to high unexpected demand, we have closed the pre-orders for this item. Edition size have been met. You are welcome to place your order on the waitlist in case there are any cancelations.
Login for price