In Greek and Roman mythology, the Cyclopes loom large as giant one-eyed creatures. In The Odyssey by Homer (c. 700 BC), they are described as an uncivilized group of shepherds, the brethren of Polyphemus encountered by Odysseus. They have no agriculture, no wine, and live on milk, cheese and the meat of sheep. The Cyclopes were also famous as the builders of the Cyclopean walls of Mycenae and Tiryns.
In the adventure films of the 1950s, Ray Harryhausen first brought the Cyclops to life on the silver screen. The gods and monsters of mythology have been recreated again and again by generations of artists. And these innumerable creations make them all immortal.
This CYCLOPS is the second character designed and created by Steve Wang for ECC's Myth line, and is also the centerpiece of our Elite Arts Collection.
- Approximately 28 inches in height
- Approximately 24 inches in width.
- Approximately 16 inches in depth.
- Attractive art nouveau themed "Myths" display base
- Cast in high-quality translucent resin for a lifelike skin effect
- Handmade glass eye
- Acrylic teeth
- Each Certificate of Authenticity is signed by Steve Wang
- Limited in production to 199 units worldwide.
Estimated shipping: 2021 Q1
*IMPORTANT* Whether we reach our edition size or not, on the cutoff date of Aug 30th, the pre-order window will be permanently closed. There will be no more editions made. We will not do a second run so don't miss out!
The PRE-ORDER may be closed without prior notice once we reach our edition size.
Login for price